The History of the University
Ukrainian Peat School
The history of the University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine begins in 1921 with the Ukrainian Peat Technical School, located in the city of Kiev on Timofievska Street, 12. The first director of the technical college was appointed member of the Academy of Sciences of Ukraine B.M. Klopotov. The technical school was considered a higher educational institution, after which the students were given the qualification of a peat engineer and peat mining technician. The first graduation from the short program took place in 1922.
Irpin Peat School
In 1932, the Kiev Peat School was transferred to the village of Irpin under the name “Irpin Peat School” as part of a training and production peat mill. F. O. Serbin was appointed as the director of the plant. During the first 20 years more than 4 thousand specialists were trained in the technical school.
Irpin Mining and Fuel School
On November 6, 1943, the soldiers of the 74th Infantry Division liberated Irpin. During the occupation, the technical school was destroyed, but in March 1944 he resumed work under the name “Irpin Mining and Fuel School”. First Y.N. Lyubiy was appointed as the director, and then P.A. Kolominov. In the 1944-1945 academic year, 120 students were admitted to the technical school, 38 people were admitted to the second year, 12 people were admitted to the third year, and 4 people were admitted to the fourth year. The students participated in the reconstruction of the technical school, and also took part in sports sections, amateur art groups etc. In 1946, the first post-war graduation of 13 specialists took place. Since 1947, the technical college has been headed by O.S. Kuharuk. In 1951 the educational building (now the main building of the University) was put into operation, in 1955 – a hostel and a residential building for teachers. It was then that the campus was formed, located in a picturesque park area. In 1960 the 4 specialties were introduced in the technical school: “Silicate technology”, “Technological equipment of industrial enterprises”, “Metal processing by cutting”.
Irpin Industrial School
In 1961, the Irpin Mining and Fuel School was renamed the Irpin Industrial School. In 1968, it trained specialists in ten specialties. During 1946–1968, 3,800 specialists were employed. 1969 marked a new stage in the development of the technical school. Volodymyr Pavlenko has been appointed the director of the technical school. For 22 years under his leadership a modern educational and material base was created. For his fruitful work in training specialists for the national economy, V.I. Pavlenko was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, he was awarded the title “Honored Teacher of the Ukrainian SSR”. Since 1975, the Irpin Industrial School has held the first places in the exhibitions of technical creativity among the technical schools of Kyiv and the region. In 1980 the technical school trained specialists in the specialties: “Economics and planning in the branches of national economy”, “Accounting, control and analysis of economic activity”, “Processing of materials on machines and automatic lines”, “Installation and operation of electrical equipment of enterprises and public buildings” , “Operation of machines with software control and robotic complexes”, “Adjustment and operation of electronic devices of software control and equipment of automated production”, “Mechanization and automation of peat production “,” Production of products and coatings of polymeric materials “,” Tool production “. In 1986, a new specialty “Operation and adjustment of machine tools with software and numerical control” was introduced. For the period from 1969 to 1990 the graduation of specialists was 16 653 people. Economic specialties at that time became a priority direction of the technical school.
Irpin Financial and Industrial College
In 1990, the Irpin Industrial School was reorganized into a new type of secondary school – the Irpin Industrial College. He trained peat production mechanics, electrician mechanics, metalworking technologists, plastic products technologists, accountants, planners-economists of machine-building production, machine tool adjusters, banking specialists. In 1991, Melnyk Petro Vladimirovich was appointed as the director of the college, a Ph.D. graduate of the technical school in 1976. Degree training was carried out jointly with higher educational establishments of Ukraine. The graduates went to the Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, the Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, the National Economy Institute, the Kiev Institute of Light Industry, the Rivne Institute of Water Engineers and more. In 1995, the Irpin Industrial College was renamed into the Irpin Financial and Industrial College.
Ukrainian Institute of Finance and Economics
In 1996, the Ukrainian Institute of Finance and Economics, under the auspices of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, was established at the Irpin Financial and Industrial College, and since November 15, 1996, it was transferred to the State Tax Administration of Ukraine. P.V. Melnik was appointed as the rector. The Institute carried out educational activities at the following qualification levels: associate degree; bachelor degree; specialist degree. Five faculties were created: financial-economic, law, accounting and economics, tax militia department (1997), faculty of part-time education and seventeen departments. The Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine established the Center for Retraining and Training of Personnel for the State Tax Service of Ukraine within the structure of the Institute.
National Academy of State Tax Service of Ukraine
In 1999, in accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Academy of the State Tax Service of Ukraine was established on the basis of the Ukrainian Financial and Economic Institute. P.V. Melnik, Doctor of Economics, Professor was appointed as the head of the Academy. For significant contribution of the staff of the Academy to the development of national education and science, the Decree of the President of Ukraine of August 21, 2003 No. 870/2003 granted the STS Academy of Ukraine the national status.
National University of the State Tax Service of Ukraine
On August 23, 2006, by Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 472-r, the National Academy of the State Tax Service of Ukraine was transformed into the National University of the State Tax Service of Ukraine.